» Activities & Attractions
Activities & Attractions
Chestnut Lodge is right on Deep Creek. Enjoy 300 ft. frontage out your back door! Enjoy activities like tubing, swimming and fishing right out the back door. Read and listen to the creek when you drink your morning cup of coffee on the screen porch as you sit in one of the rocking chairs. The lodge also has a 12×16 deck overlooking creek. There is a charcoal grill off the deck for cookouts and a rock fire ring for campfires at night.
- Bryson City: Tubing on Deep Creek,Trout fishing, Great Smoky Mountain Railway, Lionel Train Museum, antique shops, site of films The Fugitive and My Fellow Americans and other films.
- Cherokee Indian Reservation: Living Indian Village, Saunooke Village, Cherokee Fun Park, Harrah’s Casino
- Dillsboro: Specialty shops, antiques, restaurants, Great Smoky Mountain Railway
- Sylva: Quaint old town shopping, soda fountain pharmacy, scenic, antiques
- Franklin: Antiques, shopping, flea markets
- Pigeon Forge, Tn: Outlet shopping, shopping, shopping, Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, many many activities
- Gatlinburg, Tn: Specialty shops with everything imaginable, Ober Gatlinburg,
- Cades Cove: As you cross over the mountain, watch for signs. A must see for nature lovers.
- Nantahala gorge: Whitewater rafting 20 min away.
- Maggie Valley ski resort and Ghost Town in the Sky attractions.